Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome to my Blog

My name is Dr. Matthew Cavaiola and I am a licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor in the state of Arizona. Some of you may be wondering "What is a Naturopathic Medical Doctor?"

Naturopathic doctors (NDs) are primary care physicians clinically trained in natural therapeutics. Their practice is based on the same basic biomedical science foundation as allopathic practice, however, their philosophies and approaches differ considerably from their conventional counterparts.

Naturopathic physicians diagnose disease and treat patients by using natural modalities such as clinical nutrition, acupuncture, botanical medicine, homeopathy, hormone therapy, counseling, physical manipulation and hydrotherapy, among others. They choose treatment based on the individual patient, not based on the generality of symptoms. This approach has proven successful in treating both chronic and acute conditions.

I am creating this blog as an open forum for people to discuss questions they have about health, nutrition and acupuncture. This is my first attempt at a blog of this type and welcome any questions, thoughts or suggestions for items that you would like to see here or things you would like to me to discuss.

I look forward to hearing from all of you and I wish you continued success on your path to achieving optimal health.

Dr. Cavaiola

1 comment:

  1. It will be interesting to see what questions and issues folks post here. Good luck with the blog.

    ReplyDelete